[linux-audio-user] Re: [Ardour-users] multiple unsynced cards

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Sep 13 12:51:32 EDT 2002

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Patrick,
>    Are you able to run alsamixer on the multiple card?

nope. I have to set the levels for the pcm seperately. Also the quattro
doesn't have any alsamixer controls, only input/output level buttons on
the box.

>    If so, could you share your modules.conf and asound.state files? I'm hung
> up getting this to work with my AP2496/RME Hammerfall Light combo.

Send me your modules.conf and I'll look at them for you. Funnily enough
mine are an almost carbon copy of the examples in the alsa-docs (I
maintain the ALSA website and constructed the new version of the online
docs so maybe that's not surprising).

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem