[linux-audio-user] amplifiers

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Sep 30 11:48:00 EDT 2002

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Patrick,
>    The word I got here in the US is that the Behringer mixer faders die
> pretty quickly. The aren't matched very well, seem to get noisy, etc.
>
>    Other than that folks I know are pretty happy with the new 'Euromixer'
> line. YMMV.

I have one of the babies of the euromixer line (602A) and it does very
well. I wouldn't know about the abilities of the larger desks but as
they use the same components I assume they would at least have the same
sound quality. They have packed a lot of i/o's into such a small space.

I'm waiting for something like this that connects directly to a
usb/firewire port removing the need for a sound card completely.

ie a usb mixing desk with internal ad/da converters.  I would be
prepared to pay up to a grand for 6 or more i/os. I imagine a quattro
combined with a eurorack would be the perfect team.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem