[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 1 04:47:01 EST 2003

Hallo,
Moeflon hat gesagt: // Moeflon wrote:

> I 'm getting headaches from the rpm-system. I'd like to move over to
> Slackware.
>
> =>	Does anybody have any idea how difficult/easy it is to build a
> 	sound-workstation on slack? any links?

Isn't Slack just binary and/or source tarballs? Why not keep Mandrake
but don't use the package system and install everything from source?
Or if you want a package system done right maybe you should try Debian?

Sorry, I can't be more specific but I never used Mandrake and I left
Slackware several years ago. IMO the packaging system in Debian helps
a lot in keeping a system free of /usr/local/-cruft and conflicts.

ciao