[linux-audio-user] Mixing pro and consumer gear

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 1 04:55:01 EST 2003

Hallo,
Ross Vandegrift hat gesagt: // Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> 	I'm preemptivly asking a question that'll hopefully be put to
> good use this week.  I found a nice deal on a Delta44 off Ebay the other
> night, and jumped on it.  Can't wait until it shows up!
>
> 	However, I'd like to *add* it to my machine, and keep me SB Live
> for some stuff like everyday listening and perhaps some cheap output
> monitoring.  I've had friends tell me this doesn't work in Windows
> because Windows will only record at the lowest-common-denominator
> capabilities of all cards in the system (ie, 16/44 in a system with an
> Delta44 and an SBLive).
>
> 	Is this an issue with either ALSA or OSS in Linux 2.4?  Also, I
> know there are emu10k1 audio routing utilities, and I know there are
> envy24 audio routing utilities.  Is there a way I can route audio
> between the two cards at all?

You can add a second card without problems in ALSA (you don't want OSS
with your Delta card). They just are two devices like card0 and card1.
I don't know what you mean with routing between the cards? Of course
you can connect them with cables but if you want to use them both as
one card with lots of channels: that won't work.

ciao