[linux-audio-user] Mixing pro and consumer gear

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Apr 1 12:19:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:44:53AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> You can add a second card without problems in ALSA (you don't want OSS
> with your Delta card). They just are two devices like card0 and card1.
> I don't know what you mean with routing between the cards? Of course
> you can connect them with cables but if you want to use them both as
> one card with lots of channels: that won't work.

I was thinking I might use the SBLive PCM Out to monitor occasionally.
I know I wouldn't be able to record with both due to drift, but would
monitoring work ok?  Would I be able to use the hardware mixing in the
Live and/or Delta?

ie, let's say I've got some people miked up, and monitoring with the
four input and output channels on the Delta.  Could I use the output
channel on the Live to monitor the session?

Hopefully I'll get to play with everything soon enough ::-)

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.