[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Tue Apr 1 10:23:01 EST 2003

On 2003.04.01 07:27 Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi Anahata
> More to that, Mandrake has a kernel that has a lot of patches and extras
> added. This means that if you want to add a patch like low latency or
> preempt, you have to grab another kernel RPM, as the patches don't apply
> cleanly to the Mandrake kernel source. This is especially annoying for those
> stuck on dial-up, like myself.

We shipped the low-latency pre-emptible capabilities kernel with Mandrake 9.1.
You can install it with one command. (urpmi kernel-multimedia)
We also ship the vanilla kernel with every version, which you can also install
with one command. (urpmi kernel-linus)

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant