[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Tue Apr 1 10:21:00 EST 2003

On 2003.04.01 05:06 Anahata wrote:
> I was very disappointed with Mandrake when I found out
> that, just because it used RPM patches, that didn't mean you could
> download (RedHat) RPM's from anywhere and install them.

That is not accurate.
Mandrake and RedHat do use the same RPM system.  You can install either RPM on
either system.  The fact is, due to dynamically linked libraries, you're best
to use RPMs built on the distro you're using.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant