[linux-audio-user] MDK sound-RPMs troubles / Sound in Slackware?

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Tue Apr 1 17:58:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 14:09, Jan "Evil Twin" Depner wrote:
> Sort of OT but, I hope you're not using ext3 for your audio data disk.
> If so check this out -
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/Arcana.html.  Specifically, Mark
> Knecht's info on filesystem tests.
>
> Jan
Jan,
   I'd only offer that if ext3 does the job for a specific individual,
then I don't think there's anything wrong with using it. In most case
(except apparently current Gentoo!) ;-) it is better tested and probably
more stable than reiserfs. If someone knows they're going to only use so
many tracks and maybe isn't pushing the limits of what there hardware
can do, or doesn't possibly try to run their sound card at the very
lowest latencies all the time like you and I, then I would probably
recommend ext3.

   On the other hand, since I do tend to push the limits of what my
hardware can do, should I EVER be able to run Alsa again, then at that
unknown date in the future I'll probably be running reiserfs. Problem
is, that date appears to be so far in the future anymore that I'm
starting to expect xfs to be meat and potatoes by then. ;-)

Cheers,
Mark