[linux-audio-user] Still: HELP: good sound card

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Thu Apr 3 05:12:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:39:29 +0200 (CEST)
Joerg Anders <j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> Please have a look at my
> "why-i-want-a-hardware-midi-sythesizer"-page:

<skipped/>

Timidity is really good, if you want to listen what notes you type
in Noteedit and how it all sounds. I haven't worked with timidity
much, but at this point (timidity + noteedit) it's really fine.

Of course, when it comes to producing high quality sound for
professional recordings, I would hesitate to use timidity with its
current PAT files. But you see, anyone who is able to pay for
superior sound buys hardware synths, hardware effect racks, ahem, in
fact -- hardware everything

:-)

--
Alexandre Prokoudine