[linux-audio-user] Setting equalizer settings with Sox ?

Roel de Wit roel at utopiasd.com
Fri Apr 4 03:10:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been playing with Sox for a while but I can't seem to find how to do a
specific thing. Could somebody please tell me if what I want is possible and
if so, how to do it.

One of the things I want to do is to boost a range of frequencies. Basically
from 20 Hertz to 320 Hertz, where 80 Hertz is considered the 'center' and
the boost gets less when going to 20/320 Hertz. I have found the
highp(ass)/lowp(ass) options but these don't seem to be of use for this. I'd
really appreciate some help here.

I need this to be done by a command-line tool available under Linux and if
possible under Windows (even if I would have to compile it myself)..

Grtzzzzzzz Roel...