[linux-audio-user] Setting equalizer settings with Sox ?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Apr 4 03:33:01 EST 2003

Roel de Wit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with Sox for a while but I can't seem to find how to do a
> specific thing. Could somebody please tell me if what I want is possible and
> if so, how to do it.
>
> One of the things I want to do is to boost a range of frequencies. Basically
> from 20 Hertz to 320 Hertz, where 80 Hertz is considered the 'center' and
> the boost gets less when going to 20/320 Hertz. I have found the
> highp(ass)/lowp(ass) options but these don't seem to be of use for this. I'd
> really appreciate some help here.
>
> I need this to be done by a command-line tool available under Linux and if
> possible under Windows (even if I would have to compile it myself)..
>
> Grtzzzzzzz Roel...

There is a multiband EQ in the swh ladspa plugins. Used with ecasound it
will do what you need.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman