[linux-audio-user] dell latitude cpx, windows (barf!) xp and linux?

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 18:57:08 EDT 2003

At 03:21 PM 4/6/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:00:07AM +0100, iriXx wrote:
> >

> > Chris wrote:
> > >Yes, partiion magic 8 will be necessary.
>
>don't think so, look at ntfsresize.
>
> > >If I am not mistaken, the latitude uses the i820 sound chip?
>
>afaict the CP-X uses some variant of the Maestro 3.
>
>Here's a great page for setting up linux on laptops, with links to TONS
>of pages, i see multiple links for latitude CPX:
>http://www.linux-laptop.net/dell.html
>
>--
>
>Paul Winkler
>http://www.slinkp.com
>Look! Up in the sky! It's THE GRUESOME MOLE RAT!
>(random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)

Hmm.. what I *really* meant was that to do the job with aplomb *and* with a
partition magic version, you would need version 8.  7 would do, but not as
nicely.  I didn't mean to imply that there was no non-partitionmagic
alternative out there.

However, nftsresize in particular is news to me.  I thank you guys for
bringing that up!  I am quite sure I will make use of that in the
future.  I did not know that there was a GNU partition resizer for that
file system.  You gotta love linux! (and GNU).

Thanks.

Chris