[linux-audio-user] full duplex USB<->SPDIF converter recommendations

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Apr 9 09:14:00 EDT 2003

svz wrote:
> Would LOVE to know if anyone can recommend any of such devices (esp. from
> personal experience, for example Edirol/Roland UA-1D or Opcode DatPort
> appear to be such devices - only do they work on Linux...)

I don't have personal experience with an SPDIF device, but a USB audio
device works with Linux if it is fully standard compliant.  This is true
for all devices which do not need their own drivers but work with the USB
audio driver built into Windows and/or MacOS (see, e.g., the devices at
the bottom of the table on <http://www.edirol.com/support/drivers.html>).

> USB<->SPDIF converter *must* work in *full duplex* mode.

Nowadays, all devices support full duplex, so nobody bothers to mention
this feature.

HTH
Clemens