[linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.1.1(segno issues, double bar)

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Apr 9 14:45:01 EDT 2003

Version 2.1.1 of the score editor NoteEdit for Linux is available:

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

New features:

  - staff context (the actual clef and key signature is shown at the
                  left hand side during replay; configurable)
  - (again) KDE2/Qt2 compatible
      Please note: I cannot really test this. For a long run I recommend
      an KDE3/QT3 update.
  - double bar
  - Segno issues (see also "example1.not"):
     o Segno
     o dal Segno
     o dal Segno al Fine
     o dal Segno al Coda
     o Fine
     o Coda

    Please set these signs in every staff, otherwise ... (don't know ???)
    Furthermore, it is your responsibiltity to place the signs
    in a reasonable manner. Otherwise the replay behaviour is undefined.

  - MUP users: I didn't comprehend some parts of MUP. Thus, I stored
    some items in a non-MUP-conform manner. As a result some files
    were not MUP-able. Now I changed some of these parts, among them:

      o Slurs: I claimed MUP cannot deal with slures which lead over more
               than 2 notes. This is not true! NoteEdit-2.1.1 now
	       produces a MUP-comfrom representation of such slurs.
	       This holds for the 1st and 2nd voice. From 3rd voice on
	       the representation remains MUP-incompatible.

      o "lonely" trills: I claimed MUP cannot deal with so-called
                         "lonely" trills (wavy lines without "tr" symbol).
			 But this is not true. NoteEdit-2.1.1 now produces
			 a MUP-comfrom representation of such trills.

      o Empty lyrics: I claimed MUP cannot deal with partly missing
                      lyrics in a measure. This is not true.
		      NoteEdit-2.1.1 now produces a MUP-comfrom
		      representation of such lyrics.

I apologize to the MUP developers for these wrong statements.

    Before asking this: Of cource, NoteEdit can still read the old
                       representation. So if you want a MUP conform
		       version of some non-MUP-conform "*.not" file
		       simply load the the file an save it again.
--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)