[linux-audio-user] midi Sys Ex dumps

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Apr 11 19:04:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just found this thread:
> --- Benno Senoner <sbenno at gardena.net> wrote :
> [snip]
> > I am not sure if it works but you could try to do
> > the following:
> >
> > cat /dev/midi00 >dumpfile

OMG, you guys ROCK.  I have just spent HOURS trying to get my
Antares Mic Modeler to take new mics into its memory via a MIDI
dump.

I've never done squat with MIDI before, and for the life of me couldn't
figure out what was going wrong.  Turns out I was using /dev/sequencer
which lit the MIDI OUT light of my Delta 1010, but nothing happened
(and Muse kept crashing).  I changed the device to /dev/midi00 and
Hey Presto! it all worked.

Thanks!!!!!!
       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com