[linux-audio-user] :: copyleftmedia news :: typos, vsound and madonna ::

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Mon Apr 21 18:38:01 EDT 2003

(.... just some news on the Vsound archive for those who are interested
- m~ )

:: copyleftmedia news ::

greetings all,

a quick blurb from copyleftmedia on the weird and wonderful happenings
in the copyright (and left?) world...

firstly, my apologies for yet another brief outage on the Vsound page.
no - the site was not down! and if this ever happens, i promise that i
will put up a page explaining when and why. thanks to those who kindly
pointed out to me that i had oopsed in spelling the link to the Vsound
pages on my news page... i guess thats what comes of late night
blurry-eyed blogging...!

the *official* Vsound page and links to all the mirrors will be
maintained at:
http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/vsound.htm

for anyone who doesnt already know, madonna made a rather vain attempt
to stop P2P users from swapping tracks of her new album American Life.
she released her own 'dummy' mp3s on to KaZaA, which contain Our Lady
herself saying 'what the fuck do you think you're doing?' and then
silence... unfortunately this has proved too good to be true for
remixers...

further details on http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/news.htm - my archive
of Madonna remixes has begun at http://www.iriXx.org/madonna/
please email me at miriam at copyleftmedia.org.uk if you know of any more
or have links to your own tracks (dont send the files directly, i cant
afford any more space to host them! ;-)...

also in this weeks news: details of the FIPR meeting 'Scrambling for
Safety 6', to be held at the LSE, Wednesday 14 May. RSVP information and
background reading is available at http://www.fipr.org/sfs6.html

best,

miriam

--

    ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

    .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.

               gnupg key ID: AEB7A31E