[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.1 kernel problem

Chris Butt chris.butt at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 18:42:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 15:24, Daniel James wrote:
> Anyone else had problems installing Mandrake 9.1, like the installer not being
> able to see the CD-ROM it was just loaded into memory from, with lots of
> DriveReady SeekComplete errors in the console? I've seen this on one machine,
> but not another.
Bit off topic, but I went through 6 CDRom drives before I found one that
would install Mandrake 9.1.
The Text-based install also didn't work.
Are you sure you want 9.1?
I've upgraded, and it's noticeably slower than 9.0 was.
Sorry, I don't know about the patch.

If I don't have an alsa supported soundcard in my laptop, does that mean
that I can't use jack?
--
Chris