[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.1 kernel problem

tim tim at orford.org
Tue Apr 22 19:46:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:28:50PM +0100, Chris Butt wrote:
> Bit off topic, but I went through 6 CDRom drives before I found one that
> would install Mandrake 9.1.

no probs here on 2 machines.

> The Text-based install also didn't work.
> Are you sure you want 9.1?

9.0 seemed to be quite good.
maybe instal 9.0 and upgrade to cooker? 9.1 is not really up
to date now anyway.

> I've upgraded, and it's noticeably slower than 9.0 was.

its not slow here. Perhaps there is something wrong. No 3d
graphics or something like that?

mandrake is permanent beta.
that can be good and bad :-)

btw, big thanks to Thac for his rpms.

> If I don't have an alsa supported soundcard in my laptop, does that mean
> that I can't use jack?

yes :-(

cheers
--