[linux-audio-user] Audigy 2

Joerg Anders j.anders at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Aug 13 15:01:01 EDT 2003

Hi all!

Some time ago I asked at this list whether Audigy 2
soundcard works with hardware sound generation. The answer
was: "Yes!"

Today I tried:

	sfxload 8mbgmsfx.sf2

A soundfont which always worked with SB AWE 64.
But surprising: The command works only 1 second. The
tse3play -list detects 7 MIDI devices:

------- Port number: 63
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Receiver 63:0
  ------- Port number: 64
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Audigy MPU-401 (UART) 64:0
  ------- Port number: 65
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Audigy MPU-401 #2 64:32
  ------- Port number: 66
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Emu10k1 Port 0 65:0
  ------- Port number: 67
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Emu10k1 Port 1 65:1
  ------- Port number: 68
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Emu10k1 Port 2 65:2
  ------- Port number: 69
                 Type: ALSA MIDI port
                 Name: Emu10k1 Port 3 65:3

I can play via all of these 3 devices with diffenet MIDI
players. But unfortunataly I can't hear anything.

I tried all rulers on alsamixer and deleted the
"M" symbols on to of these rulers: Nothing helps.

Any sugestions? Should I run "sfxload" with a certain
option?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)