[linux-audio-user] Audigy 2

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Aug 13 15:20:59 EDT 2003

At Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:45:38 +0200 (CEST),
Joerg Anders wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Some time ago I asked at this list whether Audigy 2
> soundcard works with hardware sound generation. The answer
> was: "Yes!"
>
> Today I tried:
>
> 	sfxload 8mbgmsfx.sf2
>
> A soundfont which always worked with SB AWE 64.
> But surprising: The command works only 1 second. The
> tse3play -list detects 7 MIDI devices:
>
> ------- Port number: 63
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Receiver 63:0
>   ------- Port number: 64
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Audigy MPU-401 (UART) 64:0
>   ------- Port number: 65
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Audigy MPU-401 #2 64:32
>   ------- Port number: 66
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Emu10k1 Port 0 65:0
>   ------- Port number: 67
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Emu10k1 Port 1 65:1
>   ------- Port number: 68
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Emu10k1 Port 2 65:2
>   ------- Port number: 69
>                  Type: ALSA MIDI port
>                  Name: Emu10k1 Port 3 65:3
>

> I can play via all of these 3 devices with diffenet MIDI
> players. But unfortunataly I can't hear anything.
>
> I tried all rulers on alsamixer and deleted the
> "M" symbols on to of these rulers: Nothing helps.

first, please try the latest driver (0.9.6) for audigy2.
there have been some important changes for this card.

if you can already hear a normal PCM sound via aplay, then it's likely
a mixer problem.  raise "Music" volume via alsamixer if not yet.

> Any sugestions? Should I run "sfxload" with a certain
> option?

no, not necessary as long as the audigy is the first card...

Takashi