[linux-audio-user] Help neede with ardour

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Aug 21 12:14:00 EDT 2003

> > Then there is something wrong with the ebuild. I never had to run any
> > recent ardour/jack combination as root thanks to jackstart.
> > On Debian, though.
> >
> > ciao
> > --
> >  Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__
>
> Frank,
>    I'll look up the ebuild maintainer for Ardour and probably just file a
> bug report on Bugzilla.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Frank,
   Following up, this is what I found in Gentoo Bugzilla

<SNIP>
Bug 21752
<SNIP>
------- Additional Comment #5 From J. Ellis 2003-05-29 07:27 EST -------
Heh torben, what's the issue with jack-start? Is this only for
media-sound/j-a-c-k
or media-sound/jack-cvs, too?

jack-cvs seems to be building fine. Let me know.

------- Additional Comment #6 From J. Ellis 2003-05-29 09:05 EST -------
I'm not going to put the capabilities stuff back right now. The idea of
having to
hack kernel include files to get it to work seems 'distasteful'. I can only
imagine
the bug reports...
<SNIP>

   I will still enter a request, but it looks like this is considered at
least controversial by some at Gentoo.

   Is there any reason that the ebuild could not patch the kernel include
file to add capabilities? It's like a two line change, isn't it?

Cheers,
Mark