[linux-audio-user] yast newbie question

Gustavo Zamorano S. gzsuniq at cableonda.net
Tue Aug 26 18:59:14 EDT 2003

Partition Magic will only change information on the partition table.  It
will work for vfat partitions.
Under Linux, you can create a file system which is smaller than the
partition it is on.  If you change partition size with Partition Magic
you are not modifying the file system itself.  The file system remains
unchanged.
To increase a file system, first copy the whole data to another file
system.  Then recreate the original file system to the new size.  Then
restore it.

GZS

--
This Message is sent from my Red Hat 9.0 Linux server
      Machine Registration number 205692 at http://counter.li.org/

       .-.                    Gustavo Zamorano S.
     .-. |                    Registered Linux user number 320898
   .-. | |                                      at http://counter.li.org/