[linux-audio-user] USB audio capture line/mic: A/D quality, how set record levels?

Len Moskowitz vze24hrw at verizon.net
Thu Aug 28 16:56:01 EDT 2003

You might consider solutions other than USB.

Our PDAudio-CF card is a CF card that accepts coax and optical S/PDIF (and
other IEC-958 formats).  It's bit for bit accurate up to 24/192.  It comes
with an ALSA driver.

For a front end, you might consider our Mic2496.  It's a portable 24-bit
dual mic pre-amp and A-to-D converter that provides phantom power and runs
on a single 9 Volt battery.  It will sample at rates from 32 to 192 KS/s.

Please see our Web site for more details: www.core-sound.com

And if you want to stick with USB you might consider M-Audio's MobilePre
USB.  (I'm not certain about the availability of a Linux-compatible driver.)

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound