[linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Tue Dec 2 11:03:42 EST 2003

Clemens,
   thanks for helping. It appears that this is exactly what you told me
before, but I blew typing it in.

http://www.music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2003-October/007395
.html

   Apparently this was completely my mistake. I thought I just did a
copy/paste, but apparently not. I'll try it out later today with your fix
and see if it works for me. Thanks!

   Maybe it's just me, but I think this example points out a confusing issue
about the language. From your original example 'pcm.playback_22_23' appears
to be the name, but then 'slave.pcm playback_22_23' is called. I thought I
should be calling pcm.playback_22_23, but apparently not.

   Hopefully though, if we could get more examples like this on line, then
people would come to better understand the capabilities of Alsa. We all
agree they are there, but I think many feel we don't have enough examples to
make use of it.

Cheers,
Mark