[linux-audio-user] Skipping audio output?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Sun Dec 7 12:26:39 EST 2003

> However if
> I do something that peaks the CPU (like dragging a window around
> really fast), this also causes the sound to skip immediately.

Are you by any chance using Mandrake, or have the kdm login manager
installed? If so, the problem is likely to be X being reniced by
default, and you might like to try this fix:

Adjust the -n level from -10 to 0 in the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers so
the last line looks like this:

:0 local /bin/nice -n 0 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -deferglyphs 16

Cheers

Daniel