[linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon Dec 8 13:36:30 EST 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 13:08, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> The one app my wife uses for which I don't know of a free
> software replacement is MS Publisher. Does anyone have any
> experience with this and know if it will run under crossover
> office? If so I could probably convice her to switch to a
> linux desktop.

Some people have reported success running Publisher 97 and I
think 2000 under cxoffice, but it's not officially supported.
I'd join the discuss at wine.codeweavers.com list and poke around
the archives a bit....

To get this at least marginally audio related, I have
successfully run Buzz (sort of like a tracker with aspirations
towards doing almost everything Jack does, but only for windows
and orphaned for a few years) under cxoffice with good results,
albeit only to get some .wav files of the stuff I'd already done
in it so I wouldn't lose the data.

Rob