[linux-audio-user] more specifics

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Dec 9 04:39:32 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 Dec 2003 5:22 am, Kevin Ryan wrote:
> I tried running the Rosegarden sequencer, but its
> midiport was set up as /dev/null so it apparently
> didn't locate the midiport.

That's an odd error -- it sounds like you might be running
Rosegarden-2.1, which is now rather antique app that uses OSS for
sound.  These days you might get more joy from an ALSA-based
sequencer, not least because most of them (Rosegarden-4, MusE etc)
are far more sophisticated than Rosegarden-2.1.

I can't comment on running either of those under Knoppix, except to
say that I'm quite certain Knoppix 3.3 uses ALSA.

Chris