[linux-audio-user] stretching sound

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Tue Dec 9 12:21:53 EST 2003

I think the pitch shift works by either compressing or stretching the
time....

-ei:pitch-shift-%
Pitch shifter. Modifies audio pitch by altering its length.

which i think means that -ei:50, for instance, will make the file play
twice as long while sounding at half pitch and -ei:200 will make
the file play half as long while sounding at twice the pitch.

I did some simple tests on this at home the other night. A pitch shift
of less than 100% is equivalent to time stretching while a pitch shift
of greater than 100% is the same as time compressing.

-Eric Rz.