[linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with SB live

lau at hippie-online.de lau at hippie-online.de
Thu Dec 11 15:54:01 EST 2003

Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> i don't have an spdif source, so i can't test, but it used to work on my
> sblive when i set the capture flag in alsamixer on "IEC958 Coaxial"
> *and* the "capture" channel.

Yes, you are right, this works (and is not possible using alsamixergui)
- thank you! *But* it definitely results in a DA-AD conversion because
- I can record in arbitrary sampling rates without problems
- When I stop the tape the input level remains about -70 dB

Is this a particular weakness of the SB live? What card supports exact
recording from SPDIF-in?

Ciao,
 HippiE