[linux-audio-user] ALSA -> OSS DSP question

Alex Timmer mijn_troep at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 13:30:58 EST 2003

 --- Claudio Mettler <linux-audio-user at singularity.ch>
wrote: > On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:38:36AM +0100,
Akos Maroy
> wrote:
> > >You can pass the snd-pcm-oss module parameters
> which determine how to
> > >map alsa pcm to oss devices.
> >
> > and what are those parameters?
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/~iwai/OSS-Emulation.html
>

> (2 minutes of googling, which you could have done by
yourself)

right, and did anyone actually read this? on the above
page you will read:

"Unsupported Features
MMAP on ICE1712 driver

ICE1712 supports only the unconventional format,
interleaved 10-channels 24bit (packed in 32bit)
format. Therefore you cannot mmap the buffer as the
conventional (mono or 2-channels, 8 or 16bit) format
on OSS."

also, Akos posted the following information:

"Basically what I want to achieve is to have a two
channel /dev/dsp device, which corresponds to adc 3&4
on the Delta card."

and he uses driver:
snd-ice1712

my CONCLUSION => it *will not* work for this card!?
greets, ALEX