[linux-audio-user] music

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 11 10:16:53 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 20:18, James Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:04:41AM +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Should have mentioned this a while ago, but I have a new release availible here:
> > http://www.retinascan.de/ (nebogeo - 0 CD-R - including artwork by cristiana
> > yambo)
> > All done in linux of course, mostly with spiralsynth modular, a bit of spiral
> > loops and mastered with audacity, ecasound, sweep - and not to forget a ton of
> > LADSPA plugins :)
> >
> > cheers!
> >
> > dave
> >
> > ................................. www.pawfal.org/nebogeo
>
> Really like your stuff..
>
> Just wondered how you sequenced it if you don't mind?

well, thats an interesting one - basically it's all inside spiralsynth
modular. I've been heavily using generative sequencing lately
(non-deterministic, chaotic processes), so lots of clock oscillators and
logic based plugins triggering each other. The difficulty is getting it
under control of course. That said, the matrix sequencer plugin is used
in nearly all the tracks.

If you want to give it a try, a lot of the ssm patches released on the
noize farm (http://devdsp.net/index.pl?main=noizefarm) employ these
techniques.

cheers

dave