[linux-audio-user] JAMin

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Sat Dec 13 11:13:19 EST 2003

davidrclark at earthlink.net writes:

> I provided some other information to Jack O'Quin who responded to my
> post with a query posted to LAU (thanks, Jack!), but won't post that here
> unless someone really wants to know.

Don't thank me yet.  I haven't got a clue how this i18n stuff works.
Here is the relevant part of jamin's configure.in...

  GETTEXT_PACKAGE=jam
  AC_SUBST(GETTEXT_PACKAGE)
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(GETTEXT_PACKAGE,"$GETTEXT_PACKAGE")

  dnl Add the languages which your application supports here.
  ALL_LINGUAS=""
  AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT

This seems to define some stuff in config.h...

  #define ENABLE_NLS 1
  /* #undef HAVE_CATGETS */
  #define HAVE_GETTEXT 1
  #define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "jam"
  #define HAVE_LC_MESSAGES 1
  /* #undef HAVE_STPCPY */
  /* #undef HAVE_LIBSM */

  /* always defined to indicate that i18n is enabled */
  #define ENABLE_NLS 1

The generated configure file checks for -lintl, adding it to $LIBS.

Suggestions for what to look for, anyone?
--
  joq