[linux-audio-user] Drums on Demand

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Sun Dec 14 16:56:25 EST 2003

Hi Jan,

söndagen den 14 december 2003 15.04 skrev Jan Depner:
> Is anyone using Drums on Demand on Linux.  If so how do you like it.
> Also, what do you use to modify the BPM of the samples.  Thanks.

Probably noone is using something similar under linux. I think this is where a
fruity loops kind of program would do wonders. Stretching samples on the fly
to the wanted bpm and aligning them so there is a continuous flow.

Doesn't ardour have a timestretch module, someone spoke about it recently?
It's probably possible to misuse that to achieve something similar, though
you would have to sweat a bit before getting something workable, no doubt ;).

/Robert