[linux-audio-user] Getting Flash to make sound on ALSA/ICE1721

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 14 11:17:18 EST 2003

Hallo,

this actually is no question, but an answer, I'm posting here for
archive searchs.

For a long time, I had no sound output from Flash-enabled websites in
Mozilla with the official flash plugin using a ICE1712 chipset card
and ALSA (using OSS-emulation).

Today I tried running Mozilla through the libaoss-hack like

$ aoss mozilla

My asoundrc only contains this: "pcm.dsp0 pcm.default"

Voila: sound was playing on sites like this:
http://en-f.tezuka.co.jp/play/games/dancing_atom/index.html

Unfourtunatly this does still not work with dsp0 routed to dmix.

ciao