[linux-audio-user] Routing emu10k1 wavetable through JACK-Rack?

Thorsten Mika tmika at t-online.de
Wed Dec 17 03:49:21 EST 2003

Dear all,

as a user of a "low end" machine (duron 1Ghz, 256MB) I am trying to get
some reverb on the snare drum (living as a soundfont in the Emu10k1
wavetable) being triggered by my MIDI-Sequencer (MusE).

Unfortunately, the hardware reverb on SBlive rev.4 is afaik not
supported, so I wondered whether there is a possibility to route the
wavetable output through JACK into JACK-Rack or something similar?
Simply connecting the MusE output to the JACK-Rack ins in the qjackctl
connection bay does not work (and would btw also put reverb on the
keyboards).

I tried fluidsynth with the jack output, but I can't really get it on
time (too slow, esp. the rolls sound very bad).

Is there any other way to do this?

Thank you,

  t.

Thorsten Mika                                  mailto: tmika at t-online.de
Hamm / Germany                                               TM5173-RIPE

Public Key ID: 41338C37 -- http://www.keyserver.net