[linux-audio-user] Live music with Linux.

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Dec 17 18:33:24 EST 2003

Not that many of you live in Korea but I am playing a live ambient set
tomorrow night using only my computer.

http://www.djcj.org/shevaka

The software I will be using: spiralsynthmodular x1, alsaplayer x3,
jackeq x1, and jack timemachine to hopefully record it all.

I also have been working for the past month with ardour and audacity
creating a lot of the samples which I will inject into the soundscape
with alsaplayer.

This will be my first real gig performing my music. Not just djing other
peoples cuts (which I have been enjoying doing for the past 3 years).

It wouldn't be possible for me to accomplish this without the awesome
assistance from Steve Harris who designed the djeq plugin and dj flange.
I'm also relying heavily on the latest cvs version of ssm as it has
improvements to the jack plugin and echo plugin among other things which
I will be thrashing heavily :).

I feel this is important to let y'all know about because I have worked
(and I mean work) for the past 4 years to get to this position and in
the process I had a lot of fun with and help from many of you to get here.

I chose not to invest in windows or mac apps 5 years ago and I am
pleased that my gamble and investment in time and energy has paid off.

Big ups to all the people who are following the dream through to concept
  through to reality.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

  Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM