[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.2 and kmix

Howard Sanner flagstad at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 28 23:29:25 EST 2003

Greetings,

	I didn't see anything about this in the archives.

	For about two I've been using Mandrake 8.1 with Kmix 1.90,
Broadcast 2000, and an Ensoniq ES1370 sound card to make audio
recordings. It has worked fine.

	Over the weekend I installed Mandrake 9.2 on a fresh hard disk.
Then I installed Broadcast 2000 from the Mandrake 8.1 distribution.

	Sound playback works fine. I can also record. However, nothing I
do with Kmix will change the record level, up or down. The
default level is quite low, with peaks hitting around -25 dBFS or
so. The source is an FM broadcast from a consumer receiver (i.e.,
-10 dB output).

	I logged in as root, set all sliders to their maximum, and saved
that as the default level.

	I'm sure I'm doing something very simple and stupid wrong, but I
can't figure out what it is.

	Many thanks.

					Howard Sanner
					flagstad at mindspring.com