[linux-audio-user] multiple sound cards

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Sat Feb 1 17:27:01 EST 2003

Hi all

I'm planning to install a second cheapo audio card from an old machine (an opti92C924 if that matters) as an additional card in my system (now I have an ens1371, if that matters).  I've seen in the archives that in September 2002 Patrick Shirkey has done a possibly successful sync and was going to report if he could stay in sync for a long time.  I'd be interested to know what are the pitfalls of such undertaking before I start messing around.

I need more inputs mostly to do real-time manipulations on input wihin PD so am I wrong in thinking that sync does not matter much in this situation?  However, having them synced, somewhat, would be nice for some multitrack recording...

Any thoughts?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

./MiS
--