[linux-audio-user] is this a bug?

jordan muscott jordan at no-future.com
Sun Feb 2 07:50:00 EST 2003

>As discussed in the thread earlier today ( using jack-rack as real time
>effects processor ), i am, er, using jack-rack as real time effects
>processor. Anyway, I have hit upon some behaviour that doesn't seem
>right to me. I am putting some pretty heavy artillery ( basically some
>drums and a bassline ) through jack-rack and the compressor that shows
>up as "SC1" ( is this one of Steve's? I can't remember ). Everything is
>fine until I drop most of the input out, and then the compression just
>stops working until I reload the plugin. Clicking 'enable' on and off
>doesn't work.

Just thought i'd add some info to this, as something wrong is happening
here. I've tried this with SC4, and the problem doesn't exist (
although the comparison isn't perfect, seeing as SC4 doesn't let you
hard pan things left and right ).. I'm actually sending different audio
to the right and left channels of SC1, the drums are going to the left,
and bassline to the right channel. If i temporarily drop the bass drum
out, and then bring it back in, the compression just 'turns off', with
no way of turning it back on without reloading the plugin. This happens
about 80% of the time.

Jordan.