[linux-audio-user] MIDI app??

Joe Hartley joe.hartley at ingenta.com
Sun Feb 2 17:20:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 12:05:57 -0800
Tobiah <toby at tobiah.org> wrote:
> Joe Hartley wrote:
> > I can download new models of mics into it via MIDI, but am such a
> > MIDI novice I have no idea which app would be suitable for this sort of
> > thing.  Any suggestions?  Thanx!
> >

> I should think that you could use cat.
>
> cat downloaded_midi_file > /dev/midi0

Well, this seems blindingly obvious, and when I try it I get the MIDI out
LED on the Delta to light up!  Huzzah!

Course, the AMM-1 doesn't seem to realize anything's happening...  so
it's into they mystic now.

I tried /dev/snd/midiC0D0 as well, with the exact same results.
Trying it to /dev/snd/seq fails, though: "cat write error: Invalid argument"

So much fun!

             Joe Hartley - Senior Unix Admin - Ingenta inc.
      111R Chestnut St., Providence, RI  02903 - cell 401.338.9214
              Joe.Hartley at ingenta.com - AOL IM: JoeHartley