[linux-audio-user] MIDI app??

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 2 19:00:01 EST 2003

There is a simple command-line app called playmidi that you can use to play
midi files.  Apparently it doesn't have it's own website but you should be
able to find a package easily enough.

Using cat doesn't work - I guess because the midi file format must contain
time data whereas the data coming from a midi wire is played as soon as it is
recieved.