[linux-audio-user] Uhm, low latency?

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 13:41:00 EST 2003

Capabilities allows a normal user to preempt
processes, otherwise only root can do that.

Are you using the ccrma? I don't. I'm sure someone
that's using it can help you to enable capabilities
for a normal user.

I think your lowlatency is OK.

The xruns can result from many factors; tuning ide HDs
with hdparm, irg ordering and latency with lspci, etc.
There's a few people that can point you to
documentation and mailing list archives where tuning a
system has been discussed.

ron

http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=841&d=3-2