[linux-audio-user] ancient scores

Alexandre Prokoudine avp at altlinux.ru
Tue Feb 4 05:23:01 EST 2003

Greetings,

Yesterday I received a query from a familiar of mine, who's working
at The Russian State University for the Humanities.

Recently he visited a concert of guys, who study at Moscow
Conservatory, Department "World Musical Cultures", where ancient
music of Japan, India and other countries was played. As he asked,
how they managed to get scores, he was told, there are some that
are "marked" (not a good term - it's just my bad English's fault)
with ancient notes. Here is a screenshot:
http://michael.rsuh.ru/japan.jpg

So I pass his question: is entering or displaying of these notes
supported by any of open source score editores? I know that here
are some TiMidity guys who may know more about it.

Thank you in advance!

--
Alexandre Prokoudine
ALT Linux Documentation Team