[linux-audio-user] How about creating a sound-patch repository?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Tue Feb 4 06:46:01 EST 2003

> I was more think along the lines of community effort. We, the users,
> should be able to help ourselves by helping each other.

  Agreed, and I found this community to be the one of the more civilized
  places on earth....

> So... I  throw out the question about a centralized sound-patch repository.
> What if we provided a site similar to e.g. themes.org? Interested
> parties should there be able to upload patches and associate them with
> the synth they are made for. This should then be published on a
> searchable web.
> We've talked before about application databases ala freshmeat, this
> could be a part in such an endevour.

  I think that Darren with his OMRL project plans to do something like
  this, there has been a long thread some week ago on this list. He
  began with the idea of a free/open sample-loop library but IIRC there
  were also talks about softsynth patches.

  And, if I could add my 2 cents, I think it would be great to have also
  MIDI loops (particulary drum loops) and soundfonts.

> It may very well be that we as a community are still to small to support
> things like this, but I'd like to think we have reached critical mass.

  Yeah! we're on the road to world domination!

> Regards,
> Robert

  Bye
  (sorry for my english)