[linux-audio-user] Just how bad is USB audio?

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Thu Feb 6 12:47:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 05:30, iriXx wrote:
> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >>The M-Audio Quattro has MIDI, but is too pricey for you.

259
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030206084203066092132254996599/g=rec/s=computer/search/c=4891

Audiophiles {usb }are 199 {check the reviews}

terratecs cards aren't all that pricey {dmx6s for instance}

:} I guess you could help write the Mia driver... {179} {This is for a
laptop though, right?

These guys have some affordable maudio stuff

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer.php?id=121&cat_parent=26&action=catlisting&sortby=catalogprice&sortor=asc

There are a lot of cheapish aardvark usb things around. I don't know if
they're supported though.

Yamahas are fairly cheapish here {tho' about a hundred out of your price
range.}

http://www.zzounds.com/love.music?p=c.s&z=1609176662231

{audiophiles {pci} are only 150}

I have seen some RME hammerfall cards in your price range {ardour} I'm
tired of searching though.

Check the back pages of some of the retailers out there some of them
have really high end refurbished stuff really cheap.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/

--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net>
The Dispossessed