[linux-audio-user] Just how bad is USB audio?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Feb 6 14:13:01 EST 2003

> > I have seen some RME hammerfall cards in your price range {ardour} I'm
> > tired of searching though.
>
> http://www.centralcomputer.com/PriceList/ProAudio/Hardware/RME.htm
>
> Tho', if you're willing to forgo food for a week or so..^

For the uninitiated, the RME Hammerfall DSP stuff at the top of this link
requires that you buy one of the interface cards (PCMCIA _OR_ PCI)  _AND_
one of the interfaces (DigiFace OR MultiFace).

For those puppies, you're out nearly a Grand...

Central Computer doesn't list the HDSP 9652, but it can be hand for less
than $500 if you go looking carefully, and are good at Internet
negotiations. Be warned that the HDSP 9652 has a bad design on the MIDI
interface cable and will likely cause you some fits once in a while. (Also
no mixer right now. sniff....)

The Hammerfall Light is a nice card and typically is in the $300-$350 range
if they are still around. I think they are.

Cheers,
Mark