[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010 and MIDI

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at epost.de
Thu Feb 6 14:31:01 EST 2003

Es geschah am Montag, 3. Februar 2003 09:35 als Clemens Ladisch schrieb:
> Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> > Actually I do have a problem, but maybe a small one.  Audio works now
> > with my Delta 1010, but I'm missing device /dev/snd/seq.
>
> The sequencer modules should be loaded automatically when you try to
> access some sequencer device; try "aconnect -o".

Ok, at least after a 'modprobe snd-seq-oss' I got the /dev/snd/seq device,
but I have to do that manually everytime I reboot. So why isn't this module
loaded automatically? According to my modules.conf it should:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712

# OSS/Free portion