[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010 and MIDI

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Feb 7 03:31:01 EST 2003

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Es geschah am Montag, 3. Februar 2003 09:35 als Clemens Ladisch schrieb:
> > Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> > > Actually I do have a problem, but maybe a small one.  Audio works now
> > > with my Delta 1010, but I'm missing device /dev/snd/seq.
> >
> > The sequencer modules should be loaded automatically when you try to
> > access some sequencer device; try "aconnect -o".
>
> Ok, at least after a 'modprobe snd-seq-oss' I got the /dev/snd/seq device,

/dev/snd/seq is the ALSA sequencer device. The OSS sequencer would be
/dev/sequencer.

> but I have to do that manually everytime I reboot. So why isn't this module
> loaded automatically? According to my modules.conf it should:
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss

Please check that the /dev/sequencer file has major/minor numbers 14, 1.
And when you access /dev/sequencer, the module should be loaded, or there
is an error message written to /var/log/messages.

And if you use programs using the ALSA sequencer the above doesn't matter.

HTH
Clemens