[linux-audio-user] Alsa with OPL3-SA2 on Asus Laptop

Chris Bray chris.bray at key-systems.com
Thu Feb 13 12:57:00 EST 2003

Hi All;

I've been trying for a couple of days now to get
any sound from my laptop (rebadged Asus L7000,
Slackware 8.1, vanilla 2.4.20) and seem to be
getting nowhere fast.

I've tried OSS/Free and Alsa (0.9.0rc2 and 0.5.12a)
and can't seem to get anything working.

OSS just hangs as I modprobe the module, no log entries
or anything I can find.

isapnp.conf contains all the settings that Windows
is using and everytime I try to get it running with

modprobe snd-opl3sa2 (or snd-card-opl3sa2)

I get
	"Yamaha OPL3-SA Soundcard not found or device busy"

Can anyone please help me as I'm getting to the end
of my patience!

I am a bit of a newbie so if anyone has any ideas what
I could have missed then please let me know.

Chris Bray

(Frustrated)