[linux-audio-user] demudi-base config (Newbie)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 16 10:52:00 EST 2003

Hallo,
tim hall hat gesagt: // tim hall wrote:
> >You might be better of by creating a file
> >/etc/modutils/alsa as described on alsa-project.org and run
> >update-modules as root by hand.
>
> interestingly enough alsaconf updated /etc/alsa/modutils/0.5

Delete this, if you don't use ALSA 0.5 and you really shouldn't do
that as well, 0.5 is way obsolete.

> I have a file next door to it called ./0.9-demudi, which is much easier to
> read.
> I tried applying some appropriate looking values to this file, but I'm not
> sure how to activate it. update-modules does not appear to touch this file.
> I'm also not sure that I should be putting my soundcard details in
> /etc/modutils as that duplicates the values in /etc/alsa/modutils.

They may already be the same file, i.e. one is a link to the other
like here:

$ ls -l /etc/modutils/
total 21
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           22 Aug 12  2002 alsa -> /etc/alsa/modutils/0.9

It is important, that you have one under /etc/modutils/.
update-modules collects everything under this directory to build the
'real' module configuration, which is in /etc/modules.conf. This last
file gets overwritten everytime you or an installaton script calls
update-modules.

ciao